Events and visits
The Lord-Lieutenant is keen to support local charities, uniformed services, schools, universities, businesses and community organisations. He attends a wide range of events and ceremonies throughout the year, including:
- charity and community events
- award ceremonies
- events marking achievements or anniversaries
Request a visit
Contact the Lord-Lieutenant in writing to request a visit.
Please include the following information in your request:
- Date of event or visit
- Arrival and departure times
- Address and postcode of the venue
- Background information on the organisation and event
- What you would like the Lord-Lieutenant to do, such as give a speech, or present an award.
If the Lord-Lieutenant cannot attend your event, he may ask the Vice Lord-Lieutenant or a Deputy Lieutenant to represent him. The Vice Lord-Lieutenant and Deputy Lieutenants should not be invited directly to community events.
The Lord-Lieutenant, or any Deputy attending on his behalf, is the representative of HM The King, so it is important to follow the correct protocol. We will provide more information on this in advance. You can also visit Etiquette and dress for more details.