How can the Lieutenancy help you and your organisation?
The Lord-Lieutenant, his Vice Lord-Lieutenant and Deputies are keen to help all sectors of the East Sussex community wherever and whenever they can. To find out what the Lieutenancy is all about and how it can help you the Lord-Lieutenant has established a community programme called “Lieutenancy in the Community” (click here >>).
A number of Deputy Lieutenants are involved in several Lieutenancy interest groups which exist to be reactive to community problems, particularly where they can help community groups (Rural Group click here >> | Military Group click here >>).
Support for (particularly local) charity and community organisations is high on the Lord Lieutenant’s list of priorities.
Ways we can help include:
- Where appropriate, suggesting that a visit to the organisation might be included in the programme of a visiting member of the Royal Family.
- Arranging for the Lord-Lieutenant (or a Deputy Lieutenant) to visit to acknowledge the work going on.
- Advising on applications and the procedure for The Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service.
- Advising on how any member of the public can nominate a worthy individual for an honour, and supporting the honours nomination when referred back to the Lord Lieutenant for comment.
- Celebrating and encouraging volunteering.
- Supporting youth organisations.
- Supporting youth employment initiatives.
- Demonstrating our support for Regular and Reserve Forces, together with Cadets.